Saturday, March 29, 2008

100 Things

Our friend Megan challenged me in her blog to write 100 things about myself. Since this is the Allen FAMILY blog, I will attempt to give you 100 things about US.


100. Trent and I went to high school together, but did not meet until after we were in college.
99. Before he started shaving his head, Trent had long-ish, wavy hair.
98. When I was a sophomore in high school, my hair was long- over halfway down my back.
97. I was a cheerleader in middle school. (6th and 7th grade)
96. Trent took art classes at Central High, and is a good artist.
95. On our first date, Trent took me to J. Alexander and played with one of the etch-a-sketches they have for kids.
94. He did this to "test" me- to see if I could handle his "unpredictable" side.
93. Obviously, I passed the test.
92. Trent and I used to lead worship together at Zoar Baptist for their college ministry service- Ecclesia.
91. I sang for Zoar's "Chi Alpha" youth band during my sophomore, junior, and senior years of high school.
90. The Chi Alpha band traveled to several different states to lead worship.
89. Trent played bass for a band called Fourth Man for 4 years.
88. They opened for Adam's Lament (Jason Morant's band) and Mary's Den.
87. We have a 6 pound bass on the wall in our office.
86. Trent caught it while rehabbing his knee from ACL surgery.
85. The first movie Trent and I ever saw together was Ladder 49.
84. We were not dating at the time- that evening was a friend's attempt to set us up.
83. The attempt failed- we did not become interested in dating for another 5-6 months.
82. Our Yorkie, Jackson, was my wedding gift from Trent.
81. The bass Trent plays at the Ring was my wedding gift to him.
80. Cody (lead singer/guitar player at the Ring) helped me pick it out.
79. We actually have 2 dogs. Jackson is the one everyone knows about, but Mac is our lab. He lives outside.
78. We eventually plan to move back to Central, where we both grew up.
77. We have a purchase agreement on a piece of property already.
76. I am extremely allergic to cats, pollen, mold, and a plethora of other things.
75. Trent is not allergic to anything.
74. I am a 9th and 12th grade English teacher at Zachary High School.
73. I graduated from LSU with a bachelors in Secondary Education: English. English was also my minor.
72. Trent is a safety consultant.
71. He graduated with a bachelors in industrial technology and an associate's in safety from Southeastern.
70. Trent's college GPA was higher than mine.
69. We had only been dating for 11 months when Trent proposed.
68. We were only engaged 3 1/2 months before getting married.
67. We had chicken from Raising Canes at our reception.
66. We waited a week before going on our honeymoon to Gatlinburg, TN.
65. This was because we wanted to go over my spring break (so I didn't have to use vacation time from work.)
64. I have a younger sister named Carlee.
63. I am 8 1/2 years older, but she is probably about 6 inches taller than me! (I'm JEALOUS!!)
62. Trent has an older brother named Troy and an older sister named Jamie.
61. He is 12 years younger than his brother, and 5 1/2 years younger than his sister.
60. We have 5 nieces and nephews- Hunter, Gerad, Macie, Kallie and Kara.
59. We went to the Bass Pro in Sevierville, TN, before we even checked in to our cabin on our honeymoon.
58. Although we met at Zoar, and were married there, we have been going to the Ring for 2 years.
57. We had only been married 7 months before God surprised us with the news we were pregnant.
56. Trent's sister did almost every one of my ultrasounds. She's the one who told us "It's a girl!"
55. Parker was one of the first names we agreed on.
54. Her middle name, Ann, was my Aunt Deborah's middle name. She died 2 weeks before Parker was born- God finally ended her long, hard battle with multiple myeloma cancer.
53. If I ever got a tattoo, it would be a fleur de lis with a scripture reference next to it. The scripture reference would be in Deborah's handwriting, taken from some journaling she did.
52. If Trent ever got a tattoo, it would be Parker's name in Chinese characters.
51. We hope to one day adopt internationally- specifically, from China.
50. Parker's "first outing" was to our friends Bryan and Tiffany's wedding rehearsal.
49. That was two weeks after she was born.
48. Our dog Jackson is smart enough to know which toys are his, and which ones are Parker's, even if they look similar.
47. He is not, however, smart enough to know he needs to potty in the yard. He prefers our back patio.
46. Trent and I both have green eyes, but Parker's are blue (and appear that they will stay that way).
45. Even though I went to LSU, and he did not, Trent is a bigger LSU fan than I am.
44. I have only been to one LSU football game.
43. Our seats were so high, it appeared that we were watching ants play football.
42. Trent and his brother got to go to the National Championship game this year.
41. Scrapbooking is one of my favorite hobbies.
40. I have not been able to do this much since Parker was born.
39. Trent loves to hunt. He and his brother have a hunting lease together.
38. I went hunting with him once- it was not good! I'm too wiggly in the deer stand.
37. Trent loves to quote movies- and knows MANY movie quotes.
36. I usually have no idea what he's talking about, because I forget about movies the day after I see them!
35. Trent and I ate at Tsunami the night he proposed.
34. He actually proposed on a pier at the Mississippi River, overlooking the water and the bridge.
33. I actually think I hit him and told him to stop lying to me as he started his "proposal speech.
32. We sang together at our wedding- "How Great is Our God."
31. I had been extremely sick several days before our wedding day. I actually had to leave our rehearsal dinner before anyone else.
30. Trent surprised me by singing the Dave Barnes song "I Have and I Always Will" at the wedding.
29. We exited the church to the LSU fight song.
28. Our pastor, Josh, was one of my teachers in high school (musical theater- we performed Children of Eden).
27. Parker went to the zoo for the first time yesterday (with me, Tiff, Becca, Noah, and the Hess family).
26. Our living room looks a lot like a playroom for Parker.
25. The first person other than our family to keep Parker was Megan Kelly. This did not happen until last night! We love Ms. Meg!
24. My birthday is March 30 (tomorrow!).
23. Trent's birthday is October 15.
22. Parker's birthday is July 14.
21. Parker has been able to meet 4 of her GREAT-grandparents- all 4 of my grandparents are still living. (Maw Maw, Paw Paw, Grandmother, and Grandad)
20. Our office is an LSU themed room.
19. In our next house, I would like for the LSU room to have astroturf instead of carpet.
18. I doubt seriously this actually happens.
17. Our lab, Mac, is scared of water.
16. Our yorkie, Jackson, plays fetch better than the lab does.
15. I did not know how to cook AT ALL when we got married.
14. I'm still not great at it.
13. We have a HUGE entertainment center in our living room that was built by my grandfather.
12. Trent's original wedding band was made of tungsten- it shattered in to 3 pieces.
11. We are planning to take Parker on her first vacation to the beach this summer.
10. Our goal is to raise our daughter to know Christ's love and to one day have a personal relationship with him.
9. We love knowing that we are prayed for by our friends and family.
8. Parker is probably the sweetest baby girl we could have ever dreamed of having!
7. Trent can make her laugh more than anyone else can.
6. Our second wedding anniversary is in less than two weeks- on April 8.
5. I really need to be folding laundry.
4. Parker is taking a good nap right now.
3. I have no idea how Megan and Allison came up with 100 things about themselves, because I had trouble coming up with 100 about our whole family.
2. We are blessed.
1. We are loved by the most wonderfully compassionate, merciful, awesome God and will never deserve the fact that he desired to adopt us as his own!
Lindsey, are you up for this??

0 comments: