Thursday, April 10, 2008

Prayers, Praise, PT, and Prom!

Well, a lot has gone on in the Allen household since we last updated!  I celebrated my 25th birthday on March 30, Trent and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary on April 8, and I took Carlee (CC) to prom in Mississippi last weekend with Rebecca, leaving Parker at home with her Daddy overnight for the first time.


In bigger news, on March 27, we brought Parker to the pediatric neurologist with some concerns about her developmental progress.  She was late sitting up, isn't really showing much interest in crawling, etc.  We met with a great doctor- Dr. Charlotte Hollman- who was very kind and knowledgeable and spent much time with us in her office.  She did not give us a definite diagnosis, only told us she was a bit concerned by some things and wanted to do an MRI and start Parker in physical therapy.  We started PT the next day with a wonderful woman- Mrs. Susan Ducote.  Basically, the doctor and the physical therapist think Parker is a little behind developmentally, and the physical therapy is helping us get her "caught up" with where she needs to be.

We went for the MRI this Monday, and on Tuesday received the WONDERFUL news that it was completely, perfectly normal.  We are thrilled by this news and we know that God is going to continue to work in our little girl's life to strengthen her!  Cognitively, there is nothing wrong, but there are some little physical delays that we are ALREADY seeing improve!  Thank God for sending us to the right doctors, the right therapists, and lining everything up like only he could!!

Parker continues to be a happy, healthy baby.  We are enjoying being her parents SO much.  She is so sweet and loves to smile and laugh and "talk" to us.  She is playing more and interacting more with us and other babies/kids.  She now has FOUR teeth- two on top, two on the bottom, and we are fairly certain that there will be a few more SOON! (The drooling, chewing on the hand, etc. has not slacked off at all since the last one appeared!)

We are extremely blessed by the sweet little gift God has given us.  Although the past few weeks have been tough, not knowing what was going on with her, God has proven faithful over and over again.  He has constantly blessed us by providing everything we could possibly need.  He has given us the support of great family and friends.  We know that he will just keep working in Parker's life so that she blesses MANY others and brings glory to HIM!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just reading your latest post. I just want to encourage you as you maneuver through this crazy thing called parenthood. Since I’ve become a mother myself, I realize that being a parent is fantastically agonizing! There is more love than my brain can figure out--- it’s almost primal. When it comes to keeping our bebies safe and sound, I think I’d stop at nothing. Could you imagine being a parent without the assurance that comes with being a Believer!?!?! It almost makes me laugh out loud just trying to imagine it! That’s fantastic about Parker’s good news! And I think you are right in realizing that God is guiding every step of this. Please keep posting your family news- even when it comes to sensitive topics such as this. It encourages me to read your words of faith… I feel more centered and focused when I can bear witness to other God fearing women who are raising their kids one day at a time- the best way they can. It comforts and encourages me in my efforts! Thanks and keep your chin up… there are more of us out here doing the same thing. Peace. xo